Thursday, February 11, 2010

How do you build a snowman in Kentucky?

So, my brother John and his wife Tara and my two adorable nephews, Aidan and Brock live in Kentucky.  I live in Utah, you know the place with... "the greatest snow on Earth!"

In December, John and his gang came to stay with us for the Holidays and to play in all the Utah snow.

I always tease John because in Kentucky if there is just a trace of snow on the ground, they shut down the schools.  In Utah, we NEVER get a snow day no matter how bad it gets. 

While they were here with us, we got to play in the snow, ride 4-wheelers in the snow, pulling sleds behind them.  We got to go sledding down our friend K.C.'s huge hill and generally show them what the Utah snow was all about.

Then, yesterday, I see a photo of an 18 foot snowman the gang built in Kentucky!

You know, I think he was secretly just trying to show us Utahns up! 

 
How cool is that?  I'm so jealous but I do know that they had some help.... shhhhhhhh!  Check it out:

 
That's how you build an 18 foot snowman in Kentucky!  I don't care who you are though, that's pretty cool!
They were featured on their local news this morning!  

Now, if they only knew how to build some mountains in Kentucky, then maybe they could really compete with "The Greatest Snow on Earth!"  


No comments:

Post a Comment